What's new

rear channel -worth it ? (1 Viewer)

darron Z

Stunt Coordinator
i have a pioneer elite vsx36tx and a a35 amp i just hooked up to get rear surround. ttried a number of movies. no sound out of rear speakers. what am i doing wrong? i adjusted controls on receiver to tellit i have rears . now what ? thanks -im dumb. lol

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Moving this to the Basics forum.

I suggest you start by listing all of your equipment and describing how it's connected. Then identify the movies you've tried and whether they're on DVD, cable broadcast, satellite, videotape, etc. Right now, there's not enough information for anyone to offer meaningful advice.

M.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I'll assume you're using DVDs run to your reciever via a digital connection, so your reciever is doing the decoding. That being the case, a DVD can come in either 5.1, or DTS-ES discrete 6.1, the latter should trigger DTS-ES discrete decoding and give you a rear channel.

The other, 5.1 discs can be DD-EX or DTS-ES matrix discs, in which case they must be properly flagged to trigger matrix creation of a 6th channel. Discs that are not flagge will not automatically trigger EX/ES on your reciever, so you have to enable it manually. So, hope that explains what's going on a little better, try enabling manually EX/ES processing to get that 6th channel, and make sure you calibrate it, etc as you did the other channels, and see if that works. More information can help us help you more.

darron Z

Stunt Coordinator
sounds great so far thanks - my details
pioneer vsx36tx
sony kp755 prog scan dvd hooked up via dig cable and component( rgb to dvi) to projector, also wired to 36tx for multi channel for sacd music via rca cables.

pioneer a-35 2 channel hooked up via rca cables to rear surround on back of 36tx .

sub line hooked to svs 29-35pc+

yes i added rear speakers option in the menu of the 36tx.
it will show 7.1 on the read out .
does thx work with 7.1 ? i doesnt seem to . only my dsp theater mode 7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks