What's new

rear channel: in-wall speakers compared to... (1 Viewer)

jack x

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I am looking to get a pair of speakers for use in the rear channels of a 5.0 setup. I have a Rotel RSX-1055 receiver and 3 ACI Sapphire speakers in the front. I am currently using (2) Ohm Pro 32s for the rear channels on a temporary basis, which I'd like to replace in my setup.
Instead of having the rear speakers hanging on the wall or on small 'bose-like" stands, I was wondering about using in-wall speakers. Can I get a pair of decent sounding in-wall speakers around $400-500? Alternately, I'm not sure if I want something the size of ACI Emeralds hanging on the wall right behind/side the couch. However, the wall for the in-wall speaker installation is common with my garage and thus contains rolled fiberglass insulation.
I often listen to music using all 5 speakers and have a few DVD-audio discs and a SACD capable CD player, although I have not hooked the SACD up since I don't have any SACDs yet. I guess my point is that the rear speakers are not only for use during movies.
Lastly, although I don't have a subwoofer yet, I do plan to get one in the next few months for this setup and wonder if this impacts the decision on the rear speakers.
Thanks for your insight!! ;)
-jack

jack x

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All,

I probably should indicate the dimensions of the room. It has a vaulted ceiling and is 15' x 21' open on one of the 15' sides to the kitchen, and the couch and tv are opposite each other along the 21' walls.

I recently did a search of in-wall speakers and I was shocked that there are SO many. Does anyone have an feedback on what brands/models they like/dislike and a description of whether they are used for ambiance music or in a home theater setup?

Thanks!
Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks