1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Rear Center Options for JBL Setup

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Brennan, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan Screenwriter

I'm looking for a rear center speaker to go with my JBL studio setup. Should I buy a second center speaker or go with another bookshelf?

2. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

I'd say go for another center. I don't have a 6.1 setup though, so I dunno.

I've heard SOME people say you should buy 2 speakers for the rear 'center,' as the human ear cannot discern a sound coming from directly behind one's body. Not sure if that's true or not though. Just a thought. [​IMG]

3. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan Screenwriter

Right now I have a pair of S312II's for my mains, an S120PII for my subwoofer, a pair of S38II's for my rears and an S-CENTERII for my center. My receiver is the Yamaha HTR-5590.

My debate is whether I should go with another S38II or another S-CenterII for the rear center. I'm up in the air about it.

4. Jose T

Jose T Stunt Coordinator

I would go with the S-center. Nice match between the S-series and the Yammy receiver. If you listen to music more then H/T and don't have SACD or DVD-A needs then go with the S-38.