What's new

Rear center channel (1 Viewer)

Don K

Agent
I am building a Home theater system for my home. I would like to use a rear center channel. My surrounds will be inwall on the back wall. My problem is I will have a window in the center of that wall so that I don't have room for a rear center speaker. Has anyone tried one in the ceiling? My seating will be about 2 feet from the back wall which would put the center ceiling speaker almost directly over the seating area. Some one said to direct the tweeters back against the rear. Any help will be appreciated.

RogerB

Second Unit
Any chance you could leave your current surrounds in the back and connect them to the rear output and then install new, matching surrounds on the sides?

I just don't think you would gain much in terms of your sound field or spatiality (is that a word?) by having the surrounds and rear all on the back wall.

Don K

Agent
The room only has three wall (it's open to a kitchen) which is the reason the speakers have to go on the back wall.

RogerB

Second Unit
Can you do this:
speakers.jpg

Don K

Agent
That's an interesting layout. I wouldn't be able to hang it but I can place it in the ceiling. Sorry for being so ignorant but this speaker layout is for a 7.1 system isn't it? I just don't know whether to go to 5 speakers, 6 speakrs or 7 speakers. I've been told the 6.1 and 7.1 system is only a passing fad but I just wanted to build it in if in fact it does become the norm.

RogerB

Second Unit
I put in a pair of rear surrounds in a likely fruitless attempt to stay a half step ahead of the game.

If you put your side surrounds in the ceiling just make sure they are aligned with your main seating area. I've even seen some ceiling mounted speakers that you can angle toward the sweet spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks