What's new

Really OT: Employment Websites (1 Viewer)

chris rick

Second Unit
Hi all. I realize this is really off topic, but I was wondering about possible alternatives to carrerbuilder/monster--they just don't seem to be helping me to find gainful employment. I have a M.A. in Political Science and am finding it difficult to find something which doesn't require prior experience with my level of education (this is of course really frustrating). Any ideas of which other sites on the web might be of more possible use? Thanks.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I don't know which specific field you are trying to gain employment in, however, I have found relevant professional associations quite helpful in finding employment.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
When I was job hunting last year I used America's job bank in addition to Careerbuilder and Monster. Another possibility could be temp agencies. I am not sure which ones are in your area but they can help find you contract work and sometimes contract to hire positions. I like Manpower Professional since they have an extensive online training site (classes in Word, Excel, databases, project management, etc). The temp agencies don't have fees like the job placement agencies. Most of the national temp agencies have websites or email if you want to look in other regions.

Good luck.

Kenneth

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
hotjobs.com and usjobs.com are some alternatives. I've received responses from both Monster and Hotjobs.

Hope you find what you're looking for, I know how tough it is.

John Gates

Second Unit
Hi Chris,

I've posted many articles on my website that might be helpful to you: http://www.free-resume-help.com.

There are many alternatives to monster/careerbuilder. I'd suggest you take a more "active" approach to your job search. POsting your resume out there is a fairly passive approach that puts you in direct competition with the zillions of others posting their resumes on those sites.

Let me know if I can help with specific advice.

John

Users who are viewing this thread