What's new

Really? It’s Worth How Much? My Old X4300H. (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I got my Denon X6500H over a year ago to replace my old X4300H and the 4300 has just been sitting on the shelf. This morning I googled it to see what it might fetch in $$. I was pleasantly surprised to see the lowes price I could find to be $900 and prices went up to almost $1400.

Is it really worth that much?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Anyone sold something on eBay? I haven’t. I’m always worried the buyer will try to scam me.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
My 4300 works perfectly for me and my Epson.

Don't worry about eBay. I've been buying and selling there for over 15 years...but then again, nothing that large. It's going to cost to ship that sucker...good luck!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
You could sell on eBay and mark it for local sales only. Or try Facebook Marketplace (or find a local page for selling items on Facebook - my community as small as it is has at least three such sites).

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I put myself in the place of the buyer, and if the transaction doesn’t have the protection of something like eBay, I’d want to have a demo of the AVR first. It makes me think I have to hook it back up to my HT system. Am I right?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
When I put myself in the place of the buyer, and if the transaction doesn’t have the protection of something like eBay, I’d want to have a demo of the AVR first. It makes me think I have to hook it back up to my HT system. Am I right?
Are you thinking of selling locally, then? Do you have any spare speakers or media players? That is one option.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I sold all my equipment here or AVS, not sure which with the condition "AS IS.' It was pick up only. Too much involved in packaging.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I sold all my equipment here or AVS, not sure which with the condition "AS IS.' It was pick up only. Too much involved in packaging.
This is Arkansas and the chance of finding someone via AVS or here is small, but I should try it I guess.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Try the nextdoor app, Facebook Marketplace, and Craigslist. My wife is great at selling my stuff locally through these avenues. I sold my B&W 604 tower speakers this way. The guy came over and I plugged them in to my Denon AVR so he could verify they worked. We have sold comic books and DVDs / BDs this way with the buyer just picking the items up on our porch and leaving the cash, too. More expensive comics were sold by meeting the buyer at the Starbucks in our local Kroger grocery store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks