What's new

Really good Customer Service (1 Viewer)

My experience owning M&K speakers has been good. Over the years I have purchased M&K speakers for use in two vastly different size rooms.

The guidance given to me by M&K representatives has allowed me to enjoy great sound in each room even though the cost of speakers for the smaller room was significantly less then that of the larger room.

The other day, I contacted M&K to inquire about the added benefits I would receive by buying one of their most expensive subwoofers. I was pleasently surprised by their response.

Based upon my description of the room and a list of components in that room, M&K suggested that I not purchase the expensive subwoofer I had intended to buy. Instead, they suggested a less expensive model and that I should take the savings to improve the acoustics of the room.

They gave me specific reasons for this and pointed me to a number of websites that had excellent articles about acoustics that would aid me in developing a listening room superior to the one I already had.

I write this so that you might know of my experience with a company whose representative are interested in helping their customers and not just making as high of a profit as possible.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
You tend to see that less and less nowadays. SVS is one of the few companies that I have seen that still does that. I try and do it myself at work though... Soundtrack if you are interested.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
If this is a generic customer service thread :), then here are also a few companies I've had good dealings with:

Outlaw
Bryston
Acurus (Aragon, Mondial Designs)
Blue Jeans Cables

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Excellent customer service from personal experience:

M&K (blown tweeter, by me, replaced in 1 week)
NHT (two blown woofers, newly purchased demos, by the Wiz, replaced in two days)
Audio Advisor

Leigh_M

Stunt Coordinator
I've only dealt with Boston Acoustics on ordering brackets, but they were helpful, friendly, and very fast.

Now on the retail side, I've been buying from Tweeter. They also have been very helpful. They do push the upgrades and gadgets a little too much for me. If you want me to spend money, leave me alone and I'll usually do it on my own quite often. Push me, and I'll walk out annoyed.

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
I have to chime in for Aperion Audio. Nice friendly service and follow up. I still can't get over the cleaning cloth and white gloves they sent along. :)

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Here's a great Tweeter story. A friend buys an aftermarket cd changer for his BMW. He takes it to the BMW dealer and they tell him, get out of town, we're not going install this. Tweeter says they will and charge him $80. Fast forward 1 year and my friend has some computer troubles in the car. BMW says it's the aftermarket CD changer which, according to them, wasn't installed properly. Thank you very much, $400. He calls up Tweeter, who tells my friend to send them the bill. Tweeter sends my friend the $400!!! All on an $80 install of a product they didn't even sell (come to find out the harness from the changer was bad). BMW then agrees to install it for my friend and all is well. I (and my friend) were amazed at Tweeter's stepping to the bat, particularly given the circumstances: the aftermarket harness that he purchased elsewhere was the cause of the problem, yet Tweeter stood behind it.

VinceS

Grip
LOL on the BMW bits! If you check out some of the BMW boards (bimmerfest.org being one of the better) you'll read plenty more horror stories! They do have some good apples but they are unfortunately few and far between.

I second the bits about Blue Jeans Cable, M&K, and bryston all having excellent customer service. I own cables from BJC and speakers from M&K and the dealings I have had with them are nothing but 1st class. I don't own a Bryston amp (yet- I'm still figuring out how to pay for it...) but have emailed them a few times with questions and seen how they have dealt with other people and they will be getting my business when my pennies are counted!

Magnolia S&V is another company that though I have not purchased anything from but pop into every once in a while to look around. They are always very friendly and knowledgable and on a few occasions where I have eavesdropped on someones sales presentation I have been very impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks