REALLY comfy seating..CHEAP!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
  2. DougRuss

DougRuss Stunt Coordinator

Every so often Office Max has a Leather Recliner/Ottoman "On Sale" for $79.00. It's the same one that Best Buy gives free (sometimes) on the purchase of a TV.
    They are very confortable and like you said...."The Price is Right ! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I had the chair pictured..bought 2 at WalMart just over a year ago..and the stem on BOTH broke!

The differeence between the one pictured is that the KMart ones glide and so does the ottoman.

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

5. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Thanks for the posts, gang.
    Once again the "King of Leisure" (you da man, Scooter!) provides us with a way to save money for more DVDs. There are two approaches to seating: Spend a lot of money for a "one time" purchase (which is usually not so permanent in the long run for furniture) or find a bargain, like the ones listed here, with the understanding that these will not last forever, but will be serviceable for a reasonable time if treated properly.
    And with the second option you can always upgrade and/or change the equipment without a great outlay of money.
    There's something to be said for both approaches. The more possibilities, the merrier.
    [​IMG]

6. David Ki

David Ki Agent

Darn you Scooter, thats what I just bought them for. Now everyone will have the same theater chairs as me. I bought 3. They may have generic leather, but the swivel-rocker-recliner features with ottoman (also a rocker) along with the comfort can't be beat for that price. They are almost too good to be true for home theater, they combine a look of a theater with the comfort of home. I'm just hoping they last for a while.

I have been researching these, and the closest similar chair online sells for $200 each shipped or $150 + shipping (which is about $50 each). So the Kmart version is way cheaper.

7. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Question - how high are the backs - do they come to below the neck or go up towards the ears? Also, how high off the floor are the seat bottoms. I'm interested in these for my first row of seats, but they've got to be somewhat lower than average. Thanks.

8. Dan Hotch

Dan Hotch Agent

Peter,

I ones that I have sat on come to about the base of the neck when seated upright, but will support the head when fully reclined. This was one of my requirements.

I don't remember the height off of the ground though.

9. DougRuss

DougRuss Stunt Coordinator

Peter,
    I've got the ones pictured above and they set about 16" from the floor.
    I'm 6' and when seated, the top of the backrest is right on the neck area. (when seated upright.) In the "Recline position,it's right at the back of my head.

10. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Thanks for the replies and information. I'll have to stop at the Big K tomorrow and see if they have any left.

11. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I have to agree with Dave's suggestion to check out the Ikea one's. These are very comfortable and last for years. My inlaws have had theirs for eons and they are still comfortable to sit in. I was all set to buy those for my new HT room but came across a killer deal on a hotel that was clearing out their sofa chairs for next to nothing so we bought a bunch of those instead.