What's new

Really Cheap USB Cables at Sam's (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I have no idea if anyone will be interested in this or not, but this was a great deal for me, so I thought I'd pass it on.

A friend & I picked up new HP DeskJet printers at Best Buy this weekend (using a coupon which gave us a $20 gift card for every $125 we spent, which worked out to a 16% discount). Of course, HP is too cheap to throw the needed USB cable in the box. However, BB was charging $20 & up for USB cables, which I thought was just outrageous, so we decided to look elsewhere.

Anyway, I was in Sam's last night, and they have 6' USB 2.0 cables for $9.84 - except that's not for a single cable, that's for a box of 3 cables! Comes to $3.55 per cable after tax.

That's a screaming bargain in my book. Even if you don't need all three, it never hurts to have a spare or two around.

FWIW...

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I've seen USB cables on sale here at MicroCenter or Fry's for 99 cents and a more common price of $1.99. Had to buy one for my Epson printer (cheap bastids part 2). They may be cheaply made but I haven't had a problem with it yet.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Bob, thanks for the info. There's one MicroCenter & one Fry's in Houston, and they're both on the other side of town, which in this burg means a 2-hour round trip. Not worth it for me unless I go up there for a lot of stuff, but I'll file the info away for the future.

I really don't see how BB, CC & the like can get away with those outrageous prices.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Best.....site......ever........
https://www.national-tech.com/catalog/usbcables.htm

You WILl NOT find a place with better prices for cables. At least not in the last 4 years have I seen better prices. Especially considering that MOST if not all of these cables are cheaper than other sites. Been ordering from them for years for my company. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chet

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Travel should always be a consideration. If your Sam's is nearby, then I definitely would not bother with Fry's or Microcenter to save a buck or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks