Really Cheap USB Cables at Sam's

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Craig S, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I have no idea if anyone will be interested in this or not, but this was a great deal for me, so I thought I'd pass it on.

A friend & I picked up new HP DeskJet printers at Best Buy this weekend (using a coupon which gave us a $20 gift card for every $125 we spent, which worked out to a 16% discount). Of course, HP is too cheap to throw the needed USB cable in the box. However, BB was charging $20 & up for USB cables, which I thought was just outrageous, so we decided to look elsewhere.

Anyway, I was in Sam's last night, and they have 6' USB 2.0 cables for $9.84 - except that's not for a single cable, that's for a box of 3 cables! Comes to $3.55 per cable after tax.

That's a screaming bargain in my book. Even if you don't need all three, it never hurts to have a spare or two around.

FWIW...

2. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

I've seen USB cables on sale here at MicroCenter or Fry's for 99 cents and a more common price of $1.99. Had to buy one for my Epson printer (cheap bastids part 2). They may be cheaply made but I haven't had a problem with it yet.

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Bob, thanks for the info. There's one MicroCenter & one Fry's in Houston, and they're both on the other side of town, which in this burg means a 2-hour round trip. Not worth it for me unless I go up there for a lot of stuff, but I'll file the info away for the future.

I really don't see how BB, CC & the like can get away with those outrageous prices.

4. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Best.....site......ever........
    https://www.national-tech.com/catalog/usbcables.htm

You WILl NOT find a place with better prices for cables. At least not in the last 4 years have I seen better prices. Especially considering that MOST if not all of these cables are cheaper than other sites. Been ordering from them for years for my company. [​IMG]

Chet

5. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Travel should always be a consideration. If your Sam's is nearby, then I definitely would not bother with Fry's or Microcenter to save a buck or two.