What's new

Real wood veneer (1 Viewer)

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Jason... thats one nice looking speaker... looks very expensive though. How tall and how many does that thing have in it.... Very interesting. I am no electronics expert but what are the speakers on the right side, the smaller ones that go down, just smaller ones or what? Thanks.. I would love to hear them.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Yeah Mike, it's expensive.

That's a pic from a Nearfield Acoustics Pipedreams system. MSRP like $55k or something.....:eek:

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Well some of us will have to just dream or win the lottery... That is still I nice looker, would love to see a photo of the entire thing if you have it....wow....

DanielG

Agent
As someone who has spent the last few weeks trying to figure out what custom veneer to use for a set of monitors I'm ordering, I understand the decision process you are going through.... Ultimately, you really need to go with what strikes you visually and works with your decor, whether that's light or dark. Its all in the interest and quality of the veneer (and figuring or lack thereof of the veneer) - I've seen light maple colors that have been incredible (demoed a pair of Aurum Cantus Leisure 3SE with a beautiful maple (best value speakers I've ever listened to) as well as a pair of Dynaudio Special 25) as well as darker rosewood and cherry speakers that have been really sharp. Overall I think that basic maple can look more interesting than basic cherry, but once you get to high quality veneer (and high gloss, etc.) both can look stunning for sure.

If you want to check out some speakers with incredible wood finishes go to the website below (he'll make the speakers in any finish you can come up with and he can find). Some of the best looking speakers I have every seen (seen two sets in person at this point as well as what is on the website).

They also sound damn good (and Jim Salk is an incredibly nice guy). After extensive searching and demoing in home, I'm currently in the process of ordering a pair of his (his monitor speakers beat out anything I've listened to until I hit over the $5000 point, and even then they were perhaps just matched but not beaten, and they are a fraction of the cost).

http://www.salksound.com/gallery-se.html

Robert_Dufresne

Stunt Coordinator
A well finished wood veneer never goes out of style. The speakers shown in the above posts, if taken care of will still look and sound great in 10 years. Along with power amps, speakers can be purchased for the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks