What's new

Real theater seats, 6 bucks each, no joke! (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Pittsburgh area home theater enthusiasts, listen up! This is not an ad, I just stumbled onto this myself today. I just got back from Construction Junction with 7 actual theater seats for only $6 each! These are used seats from the old Buhl Planetarium. They are dirty and worn but in otherwise good structural condition. 300 seats (well, 293) are still available. You can't beat the price! Just think, you could have a 50-seat theater for only a few hundred bucks.

Construction Junction is at 214 N. Lexington Avenue, in Point Breeze. Just take Penn Avenue and head towards Wilkinsburg, make the left onto Lexington. Pass through the intersection and you'll see Construction Junction on your right. I am not sure what their hours are, here's the phone number if you want to check for availability: (412) 243-5025.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
$6 that's great!
My seats cost $200 for 12 seats.
They are in great shape.
The only thing I did to them was clean the seats with a rag.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Bob,

I may have sat in one of those seats. Buehl Planetarium was our 8th grade field trip back in 1975. :)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Bill, so that was you who left the gum on the bottom of seat #29, huh? I shudder to think how many people had their first "Jimi Hendrix Experience" while watching a laser show in these seats. Hey, now I own a piece of Pittsburgh history.

Former Pittsburghers might be interested to know that they're turning the Buhl Planetarium into an expansion of the existing North Side Children's Museum. The old pendulum is still there, though.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Sorry, I am technologically challenged...no digital camera or scanner. They're just your basic red theater chair with a flip-up seat.

I should clarify that Construction Junction doesn't deliver, this is a pick-up by yourself thing only. They take donated items from people who dismantle homes and businesses and pick them over for useful things to sell back to the community at low prices.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Sure is good to see HT builders recycling classic theater seating rather than always going the overstuffed recliner route. I got mine for $45. A little elbow grease and Viola!
Seats

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I did the same, found 10 theater seats for free (well, the price of one DVD) from a member here.

Brought'em home, gave'em a complete refurb job and WAMMO (sorry about the pic, it's old and kinda dark)

I wanted to put 7 in the Driftwood, but my wife and daughter fought for a couch, so I caved. The couch is now in back and I have 3 theater seats down front.

I love having actual movie theater seats.

Peace Out~:D

Tim K

Second Unit
Man, I wish I could find some theater seats locally here in Philly. How did you find out they were for sale? $6 is well within my price range. Unfortunately, 5 hours is a bit too far of a drive.

Anyone passing through Pittsburg on their way east want to pick up 6 seats for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks