Real Superbit, or just a new case.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Tk, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

I recieved my Fifth element superbit from DDD last week. It is unopened but it's case is different from my other superbit titles. My 3 other SBs have a silver slip case, that is open on both sides, and the keepcase has the same cover as the front of the slipcase, and a silver spine.

Well this one I recieved is in a slip case, but not open on both sides, one side is closed and has the title on the spine. On the other spine, the keep case is black. I have not opened it but is this just a old or new packaging for SB?

2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

that is the old packaging, the original superbit. All the first wave titles were like that.

3. HankM

HankM Second Unit

My Air Force One SB is like that but my Bram Stoker's Dracula SB didn't even come with a silver slip case. Just the keepcase which is silver. I wonder why?

4. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Air force one was part of the first line, Dracula was the second line of DVDs(or was it third?)

5. HankM

HankM Second Unit

Dracula was the 2nd wave I believe

6. Michael Gilliam

It's a shame really, I thought the first wave that was only open on one side with the title on the spine of the case was very nice. First wave-(Air Force One, Crouching THD, JMnemonic, Desperado, & Fifth Element).

When I went to get Dracula, it was not in the slip case, but I've since seen it in slip cases, but open on both sides. (2nd wave was Dracula and Gattaca) How bad is it that Columbia can't even make up their mind on packaging? (See Panic Room's packaging)

3rd wave (Vertical Limit, The Bit Hit)
    4th wave (The Patriot, Hollow Man--both Deluxe)
    5th wave (Anaconda, Knight's Tale)
    6th wave (Snatch, Mask of Zorro-both Deluxe, Panic Room)
    7th wave* (Tommy, Resident Evil, forgot the last one)

*unreleased--I think these street in December

Seems as if the Panic Room SE will also be Superbit next spring. Perhaps the Black Hawk Down SE, due next spring and currently a 3 disc set, will be Superbit as well?

7. HankM

HankM Second Unit