Real sad time....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ning Wong, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Ning Wong

Ning Wong Stunt Coordinator

Jun 27, 1999

I am mostly a lurker here, but i've been around for a while...

Anyways, it's late and my girlfriend is sleeping (she's a teacher), so i can't call her and talk about it... i thought I'd post on here and just vent out my feelings because i'm not feeling so happy right now.

We have a close family friend, who's daughter had been battling cancer these past years. She was a great 11 year old girl who loved a lot of things. She had a great family who loved her, and she loved them back in return. She had great classmates who helped her thru the hard times. And she had wonderful friends who stood by her thru everything.

Well, today she passed away.

The last time I saw her was when her family invited mine to go to Christmas Day dinner at their place.

I was sick, so I didn't want to get near her because I did not want to infect her w/my sickness...........

.....anyway, I just wanted to get my feelings out and not sit here all depressed and stuff....

man......some things in life really suck. This is one of them.
  2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Jan 31, 2002
  3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Jul 31, 1997
    Cees Alons
    I'm very sorry to hear about your close friends' loss.
    It's terrible when a loved one dies, but it also hurts on a different level when it happens to be a child. It's a wonderful thing that she has been able in her lifetime to bring love and pleasure to a degree where others now deeply mourn about her passing away. The memory of a person like that must be an influence for the very best, in the lifes of everyone who knew her.

Nothing we say can alter a thing, but perhaps the sheer fact that we're all truly moved by your post can make you feel even less isolated in your grief.

4. Micah Lloyd

Micah Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

May 27, 1999
    I'm truly sorry, Ning. I know this is a difficult time and understand how hard it is to get through the day. My thoughts are with you...

5. Dan Lindley

Dan Lindley Second Unit

Sep 19, 2000
    I have a daughter (and a son), and I tear up thinking about this. There are no words adequate for these things.

But remember the good and constructive times, that is all any of us leave. She did her part.

6. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

Mar 16, 1999

That's just too young. I had two friends die at ~19 and another at 47 and that's bad enough. One of the 19yr olds in a car accident which was bad, another at MD which was bad, but in a way good that he made it as long as he did and got to have a pretty nice, albeit compressed life. My other friend was one of the nicest people and had the most wonderful family you could ever imagine (heart attack.)

Having to go through something worse than that eleven years is terrible. I've never met anyone that young that wasn't wonderful to be with (and I've dealt with some pretty off-the-wall trouble makers in my day...)

I'm sorry... that's just not fair. [​IMG]
  7. Jefferson

Jefferson Supporting Actor

Apr 23, 2002
  8. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Jun 29, 2001
    "The love of the human heart is the most real and most beautiful of all the realities we know.
    It is the richest gift of our manhood and womanhood.
    It is the love that joins us together as lovers, as husband and wife, as father and mother, as parent and child, and as friends and neighbors.
    Whatever the length of time may be, to have known something of this is to have experienced the supreme privilege of being human.
    The anguish of parting cannot destroy this most real of all realities.
    The love has been.
    The affection has existed.
    The ties have been woven.
    Life has been shared, the joys, the sorrows.
    This has been as real and strong as anything in life.
    The love that once was born can never die.
    For it has become part of us, of our life, woven into the very texture of our being.
    Each of us would wish to leave some part of ourselves, yes every one of us, some memory, some influence for good.
    So here and now we bear witness to the one we knew in life,
    who in death bequeathes a subtle part,
    precious and beloved, which will be with us in truth and beauty,
    in dignity and courage and love to the end of our days."

(John Lovejoy Elliot)