What's new

Real Genius on 6/11... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I read at another forum that Columbia/Tristar has announced the release of Real Genius for a 6/11 release.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife says "MINE!"...too bad it can't street a week earlier; that would be her birthday! Oh, well...we'll both take it in a heartbeat! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

This and My Favorite Year announcements in one day...yippee!

RussR

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this on the other forum as well, but haven't yet been able to find confirmation on any of the regular sites. Here's a stretch: maybe since Martha Coolidge was just elected president of the DGA, someone decided there weren't enough of her films on DVD. I think I read that Lost in Yonkers was announced today as well.

[Edit] DVDAngle now has a short release news blurb on today's news page that includes Real Genius.

Billy C.

Agent
Anyone know if Columbia also owns "Top Secret"? This is another Val Kilmer movie that my wife and I would love to come out.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Paramount owns it, I believe it's supposed to come out later this year. They are WELL aware of our desire for it ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I don't know anyone who doesn't dig Real Genius. Extras would be nice, but OAR is the only real requirement!
Can't wait! :)

Gavin_L

Second Unit
billy c thought i heard on another forum not to long ago, top secret might be gettting released on July 16, 2002, not sure, but thought thats what i heard.

Julie K

Screenwriter
YES!!!! :)
I love this movie. I hope there are a bunch of extras, but I'll be overjoyed with just the movie.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Here's a stretch: maybe since Martha Coolidge was just elected president of the DGA, someone decided there weren't enough of her films on DVD. I think I read that Lost in Yonkers was announced today as well.
Cool, maybe MGM will finally get off their duffs and release Valley Girl.
I am crossing my finger's for a Martha Coolidge commentary track.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
I've never seen this movie in OAR, and the pans in P&S are incredibly annoying. If the 6/11 news is a false rumor, someone will rue the day!

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Man, if this is true, I will be very happy. Columbia has a habit of officially announcing their upcoming releases a little more than 2 months in advance, so if this is true, we should hear some official word by them by the end of March/early April.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
"This? This is ice. This is what happens to water when it gets too cold."
"This is Alex. This is what happens when people have to wait too long for Real Genius on DVD."
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks