Ready to Buy Tosh 65" H82

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris-C, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Chris-C

Chris-C Stunt Coordinator

Hi Gang;
    Well my friend's ready to buy. Wish I could,but no dough [​IMG]
    I'm recommending the NEW 65" H82 series-Here's the question:::Anybody got one of these babies yet (reviews)???
    I know it just came out,but hoping someone's got one home already.
    Thanks
    CC Rider

2. bill craig

bill craig Auditioning

it is at best buy. I would like info too. Thanks

3. Charles_H

Charles_H Extra

I had one delivered to my house yesterday. The picture right out of the box was pretty good. I did a real quick calibration with video essentials and that made it even better. Lord of the Rings was fantastic. This TV made the movie look like it was broadcast in HD. Covergence was good right out of the box, but I will be doing the 56-point convergence tonight and I'll let you know how that goes. The 480p -540p up-conversion is much better than last years model.

This is my first HDTV and I do not have a tuner to pick HD up yet. The Satellite looks better than I expected it to and OTA stations look even better(no compression artifacts). The stretch modes on this TV are some of the reasons I chose it.

The only problem that I have is a slight audible hum coming from the speakers anytime the volume is not muted or set to -0-. I am going to see if a line conditioner will eliminate that since the salesperson told me that it might happen. If that does not fix it I will be calling service.