What's new

Ready to buy a new reciever, but from where? (1 Viewer)

RockyZ

Auditioning
Well, after much thought I have decided to purchase the Pioneer VSX-D811S. The pro-logic 2, component switching, DD-EX, and DTS ES were the convincing points. The problem for me is that it lists for $475. From authorized dealers the sell it for $399, and i think onecall.com has it for $359. One of the board members here gave me a link to hypaudio.com where it lists for $280.50. So, I was wondering if buying from authorized is the way to go or go for the better deal. Since I can always buy an extended warranty, will this out weigh buying from an authorized dealer? So, just wanted to hear some opinions, comments about the vendor(checked epinions.com but had nothing), and any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Rocky
hypaudio.com [URL,]

MikhailL

Grip
If I can't get it from authorized dealer for within 20-25% more than reputable online place, I go with online. The rational is - new equipment is highly unlikely to break within manufacturer's warranty period. Of course, you limit your exchange/return options.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Just make sure you buy from an authorized online dealer. That way if something does go wrong with it, it is still under warranty.

I'm a fan of buying locally. Even if I have to pay slightly higher prices. I want to be able to walk in, listen, compare, know my dealer, talk about the weather, and...if anything goes to hell on me, I have a name and a face (and a relationship) to work with.

But then again, most of the stuff I buy does not have authorized on-line dealers.

Norman L

Second Unit
Rocky,
If you have an american express Gold or Platinum card, they will send you a check for the difference between the $280 and the $349 or $399.

ONLY BUY FROM AUTHORIZED DEALERS in my opinion.

Call 800-557-8317 for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks