What's new

Pre-Order Ready Player One (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91PdWn7P-OL._SY679_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

4k:
https://www.amazon.com/Ready-Player.../ref=tmm_frk_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

3D:
https://www.amazon.com/Ready-Player.../ref=tmm_trd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The 3D for this will be a Best Buy exclusive domestically but may also be sold directly from WBShop.com - that's been Warner's 3D strategy since the beginning of this year.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I wish Spielberg had done this film with Universal instead of Warner Brothers. The initial price would have been lower, and the price would drop quicker, too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wish Spielberg had done this film with Universal instead of Warner Brothers. The initial price would have been lower, and the price would drop quicker, too.
Yeah, Warner is now my least favorite studio when it comes to 4K/UHD releases. There is no way there isn't a 4K/UHD release too.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just preordered the 4k. This has at least two months to drop from the absurd $45 price on Amazon right now. I'm not worried.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I finally got Blade Runner and Unforgiven for under $20, but had to wait a long time.
If it's the first Blade Runner film then those are catalog titles which should be cheaper than recently theatrical releases. I don't expect Ready Player One to be around the $20 mark unless it's around Christmas time and Amazon has some kind of holiday sale like 3 for $50 sale like the one below.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_li...09-4675-b9fa-885c12ed447f&pf_rd_i=11598814011

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If pricing follows the usual WB pattern, the UHD street for over $30 and it will be a long time before the price approaches $20.

Maybe. There's gonna be a deal at some point, maybe Black Friday. That's how I got Man of Steel and Suicide Squad for $14.99 last year.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If it's the first Blade Runner film then those are catalog titles which should be cheaper than recently theatrical releases. I don't expect Ready Player One to be around the $20 mark unless it's around Christmas time and Amazon has some kind of holiday sale like 3 for $50 sale like the one below.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_li...09-4675-b9fa-885c12ed447f&pf_rd_i=11598814011

Yes, I have taken advantage of that Amazon 3 for $50 sale a couple of times for some of the more expensive titles. It will probably be either that or a holiday sale before I consider buying this title. I am still trying to stick to my ceiling of under $20 for any single UHD film. I haven't exceeded it yet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, I have taken advantage of that Amazon 3 for $50 sale a couple of times for some of the more expensive titles. It will probably be either that or a holiday sale before I consider buying this title. I am still trying to stick to my ceiling of under $20 for any single UHD film. I haven't exceeded it yet.
Good for you. As to this particular title I'll probably see it 3 times in a movie theater due to MoviePass so I can bargain hunt the 4K/UHD release.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
OOooo
Might be the first movie I buy both the 3D and the UHD version.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We just saw this movie in IMAX 3D

+
Excellent 3D
Excellent CGI
Excellent Actors

-
Far far too loooooooog! I feel like I’m still there
One battle after another seems very repetitious
Looked at my watch several times to see if I was at the end.
Found the experience bla.
Cancelled pre-order for 3D blu.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Terrifically entertaining film and one of Spielberg’s best. I was entertained from beginning to end without one dull moment.

Will be buying both the 3D and 4K versions.

Tremendous in IMAX 3D. See if that way if you can.

A total Blast!:thumbsup:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Terrifically entertaining film and one of Spielberg’s best. I was entertained from beginning to end without one dull moment.

I too saw it in IMAX 3D. Spectacular! Support IMAX 3D so that the corporate IMAX office will support it as well.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

You have to love film appreciation as we go from one very critical review to another with high praise. By the way, I'll be buying both formats on disc too.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks