What's new

Reading DVD-RW Discs formated as UDF (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ok, I am trying to figure out if I can format a DVD-RW as UDF for packet writing, then read that disc on a DVD-ROM.

I formatted the disc using InCD to UDF v1.5, and could write to the disc, and pull the file from the disc, when I am using my DVD-R/RW. How ever I brought the disc to work and can't read the disc from either a Hitachi GD-7000, or a DVD-ROM drive on a ThinkPad. Both systems have Win2k installed so they should native read UDF. Just to be safe I installed Nero's and Roxio's UDF readers. Still nothing.

So what they heck am I doing wrong? This smacks of the "old days" with CD-RWs when ROM drives could not read CD-RW discs. I have to wait until I get home, to test it on an other DVD-ROM drive (A Pioneer s106).

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ahh, finally dug specs out on the GD-7000. It can't read -RW discs (but can read DVD-RAM?!?). Guess that means teh ThinkPad's can't read -RW either.

GRRR, time to buy an other DVD-ROM drive, or swap one out for an other....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks