Reading DVD reviews while tired...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Damin J Toell, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    ...Is probably a bad idea. I'm one of those guys who loves tabbed browsing in Mozilla - I keep 4 or so different tabs open at any given time, and it can grow to 10 or 15 depending on what I'm up to. Anyhow, I just decided to check DVDFile for their new reviews for the evening (or morning, depending on your POV), and so I opened up their reviews for Sleeping Beauty and The Core into separate tabs. I'm pretty tired, so I just attempted to scan them quickly, and I clicked over to what I thought was the tab for Sleeping Beauty.

So I thought I was reading a review for Sleeping Beauty that had the following comments in the opening paragraphs: "I complain loudly when a film destroys my willing suspension of disbelief....never before have I been as offended by the utter lack of respect the filmmakers must have for their audience to have foisted this nonsensical movie on the public... I'll not waste your valuable time by picking the movie apart. There's so much pseudo-scientific nonsense begging for a good thrashing..." Wow. I'm thinking this reviewer needs to grasp the concept of children's fairy tales. Of course, the fact was that I needed to grasp how tired I was and that I was reading the wrong review - this became clear as the images popped up.

Woops.

So, anyone else have any similar experiences involving misreading a DVD review in a funny way? Or am I the lone nut here? [​IMG]

DJ

2. Jeff Swearingen

Jeff Swearingen Second Unit

Jeff
    does this go in software?