****READ THIS! Important info about the DH/Lost DVD $10 rebate...****

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by PaulHan, Sep 22, 2005.

1. PaulHan

PaulHan Auditioning

The fine print on the mail-in certificate begins with this sentence:

"Retailers excluded from this offer are KMart, Wal-Mart, Sears, AAFES (Army & Air Force Exchange Service), Mejier, Best Buy, Circuit City, Hastings, Blockbuster, Amazon, Suncoast, San Goody and Media Pay."

If you got either DH or Lost from these outlets, you won't get the $10 rebate, it looks like. TV Shows on DVD.com has been informed of this within the past 90 minutes. Curiously, they didn't include Deep Discount DVD, which is selling Lost for 35.99 and DH for 36.14 with free shipping. I'll still get the $10 rebate for DH, as FYE, I mentioned in a prior posting has its own discount on the show - $44.99 with the $10 in-store rebate that'll print out on a different receipt.

Just thought everybody should know...

Edit: Here are outlets that aren't on the excluded list that you can still get both sets on the cheap:

Buy.com: Both for 38.98 with free shipping
    Overstock.com: DH (37.98) and Lost (38.49) with 2.95 shipping.

2. Ryan_Guah

Ryan_Guah Stunt Coordinator

That's rather stupid. Why bother with a coupon if you're going to exclude the major sellers of your product from the coupon?

3. PaulHan

PaulHan Auditioning

That's why everybody always needs to read the fine print, sadly. This is going to bite them in the ass, and not just Buena Vista H.E. either...

4. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    I think it boils down to double-dipping as far as Disney is concerned. I.E. If you bought Lost at Best Buy and then used the $10 off coupon on Desperate Housewives, in effect, you already received the benefit of the mail-in rebate, but you did it all at store level.

I am not saying this is right, wrong or indifferent, mind you.

Personally, I bought both sets for a combined total of around $60, so I am not complaining. Would I like to get an additional $10 rebate? Sure. But, as it stands, I think I definitely got my $60 worth. As always, YMMV.

5. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

It's like those macy's 10-15 % off coupons. When you read the fineprint on all that's excluded it's a joke.

6. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

That's pathetic! Atleast Target isn't on the list. If I get my rebate coupon in the mail and it says that I am going to call and ask what the deal is....[​IMG]

7. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Supporting Actor

I ordered mine from DDD(at a few bucks more than the current price of $35.99 no less) and didn't get a coupon.

8. Eve Brown

Eve Brown Stunt Coordinator

This is really stupid but luckily got both of mine from buy.com for $67.97 total during a buy 2 buena vista tv dvds
    get $10 off. So I can get the rebate but this sucks for a lot of people am sure. Why cut off the major retailers of dvds???

9. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Can I use a printed receipt from deepdiscountdvd.com ? It looks like they want an "in-store" copy...