What's new

Read this before you buy Pitch Black re-release (1 Viewer)

There are TWO VERSIONS of the Pitch black re-release floating around that you should be aware of. One is the regular widescreen re-release and one is the Director's cut Non rated re-release. Normally I wouldn't care either but ONLY THE NON RATED VERSION IS IN DTS. The regular version is in plain old DD. The only difference is the small banner on the cover saying "director's cut". Otherwise the box art is identical. I don't want to see anyone get stuck with the wrong one like I did. They should tell you this stuff.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I doubt the video bitrate was dropped. More than likely, given the numbskull mentality at Universal these days, the unrated version is the exact same transfer as the earlier DTS-ES matrix unrated release.

Aren't these just repackagings of the first discs with a few more extras and a tie in to the new movie?

Dan

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, same transfers for both versions, and of course a few more extras to help link it to the new movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks