What's new

RE4; GameCube Exclusive Confirmed & Given Major Overhaul (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
http://cube.ign.com/articles/499/499572p1.html

Check out the link at IGN.

Game will be 16:9 and DPL2.

It will be a departure from the previous games. Looks gorgeous and definitely takes the series to a new and higher level.

It's gonna be GameCube only so those of you without one better say bye-bye to RE or start saving your pennies!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
RE4 was announced as GameCube exclusive and being a big departure from the other games in the series a long time ago, like over a year and a half ago. As to what makes it different from other games was just announced today.

Frankly, it looks amazing.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
My bad - based on the article it all seemed like fresh news - especially the interview piece.

Anyhoo - love the new direction they are taking this.

James T

Screenwriter
the trailer looks amazing.
It looks like I may be a 3-console person. I'm thinking about a PS2 for MGS3 and now that I've seen the RE4 trailer...

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
It's about time they refreshed this series. I haven't really enjoyed a RE game since RE2. It's been the same poor control scheme and storyline rehashes. This should jumpstart the series nicely. It sure looks great from the video they have on the website. We'll see how it compares to Silent Hill 4 though:) . I'm pumped about that one.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

I think the "major overhaul" refers to the fact that the game went through an almost complete redesign mid-development. Early footage showed scenes taking place in some kind of dark mansion. According to an interview in the UK magazine Edge, the whole game design was changed since then and the mansion is no longer present. Supposedly the only thing remaining from the early work is the look of the main character.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Back when it was first announced, the developers said that they were working in a new direction from the original series. That was the major overhaul of the whole scheme.

Tim Hess

Second Unit
They NEED to overhaul the control scheme, then, maybe I would pick them up.

Me, I think they made the controls scheme like it is for a reason, when you get flustered, it is much harder to control (brain wants to use the D-Pad the 'right way).

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
First of all, exclusives suck ass. Secondly, this game looks like it would be amazing in a coop mode. But then again, I think Coop is the most under used form of MP there is today.
Thanks

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma

Since the viewpoint is now over the shoulder your problems with the control scheme should be answered.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Kevin has it right. Yes, they were taking the series in a new direction, but from the footage over a year ago, it still looked amazing, but fairly familiar. It looked like Leon got infected with something and was fighting some shadow like creature in a big ol' mansion. They took it back to the drawing board and now it looks incredible. Something truly different. I recommend downloading the new trailer, it's very nice...

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter

The funny thing is that the control scheme will be almost exactly like all of the other games in the series. The difference here being that since the game presents an over-the-shoulder view, the "push up to move forward" makes more sense.

Personally, I can't wait. The remake of the first one on GameCube rocked and this looks like it's doing things with the little purple machine that no one thought possible. It's definitely one of the must-have titles of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks