Re: universal remotes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Samonte, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I currently have a Madrigal IRIQ aka HK Take Control aka JBL TC1000. It actually is a great remote for the money but it seems "support" for it is fading as it has been discontinued..I think.
    My question now is...will a Pronto be really worth the extra money? I'm talking only of the TSU1000 (if I can still get one) or the TSU2000. It is highly regarded at Remote Central with lots of files one could get a hold of.If people could please chime in, I'll really appreciate it.

2. Joe Cole

Joe Cole Second Unit

Eric,
    I have the Pronto TSU2000 and love it. I works great. I have an old H/K version of your remote. The 2000 is much better in my opinion. Especial since it is still supported(Philips just came out with a new update to the operating software). Remotecentral is a great place to start. If you like to tinker with software this is the one for you at its price point.
    By the way they are coming out with a new model, the TSU3000 in the fall. http://www.pronto.philips.com/index....tion=cediaform
    If it will work on the 2000s docking station I most likely will be upgrading when it comes out. I have found no price info yet. Too early?