What's new

re: Tips on Getting Rid of Large Mitsu RPTV? (1 Viewer)

Mark Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 15y/o Mitsu 50" RPTV that has died and I have chosen not to repair it. It was one of those that came in a beautiful wood cabinet with doors that close around the screen. I need to get it out of my apt. but I am on the 2nd floor with limited space - when I moved in from my former place, had to roll it in on construction planks from the hill behind my house.

Any ideas on how I could interest someone in taking it for me? I understand I could keep the cabinet and put another TV in there, but I wouldn't have a clue how to begin that!
I hate to give up the cabinet, though, because it's high quality and very attractive.

Help!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Mark, look in your newspaper under "Wanted to Buy". My paper constantly has ads wanting to buy TV's(working or not). It's worth a shot. Also under "TV's, Electronics" section. Good luck.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Buy a really cheap TV at a big electronics store - and make sure part of the deal is they haul the old TV away - its like $15 for that service :D

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Just make sure you don't dump it in the garbage, as they are hazardous waste and need to be disposed of accordingly. Usually you can find a good home for one though, people always take free stuff...

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

Could you really live with yourself if you denied a poor racoon family a free home in the drainage ditch behind the Wal*Mart? :thumbsdown:

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
??

They are hazardous though. Not joking about that part. You can't just put it in a dumpster, I believe that is illegal, or probably is in most places.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks