What's new

Re: New Sub (1 Viewer)

I was hoping to get some opinions on a possible new sub for my room. I'm currently running a NHT SW2Pi sub, it has a 10" driver and a 120 Watt separate Amp. I was thinking of upgrading but was wondering if a new sub would help. I'm running my NHT 1.2 V-T's on the large setting, and was hoping to achieve some reinforcement from the sub. I think that the NHT is just not cutting it. I was wondering if I should wait for the new NHT Sub One i, or take a look at something like the Paradigm PW-2200, or Servo 15. What do you think? The room size is approximately 11" X 17" X 8" with stairs going up and hallway that connects to the kitchen. The reason I'm looking at the above Sub's, is it is possible for me to trade in the NHT.
Thanks,
Matt

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
If you can afford the Servo, go for it. Or if you have or have access to the tools, consider DIY. Check out the Advanced section of this site and do a search for Adire or Stryke. That should lead you to everything you need to know and to a few other DIY options.
It's pretty easy to build a sub that would sound better and have a lot more output and extension than a PW2200 for $500 to $800 CDN.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I advise to choose a subwoofer from this list:
Mirage BPS-400
Paradigm Servo 15
PSB Sub 7
SVS 20-39 PC
[Edited last by Chris PC on September 16, 2001 at 03:58 PM]

Peter Jessee

Stunt Coordinator
The SW2Pi is a pretty good sub, so you'll have to get a good one to sound much better. The Servo 15 and SVS subs are obvious choices. The Adire Rava for $US400 is an excellent sub, but maybe not enough of an improvement for you. What is your budget?
If you're handy at all, a DIY sub can be very cost-effective. Parts Express sells a kit with a 3 cu. ft. finished box, a 15" DVC driver and a 250 watt amp that would blow the NHT right out of your house, for $US500. You could use the same driver and amp in a bigger vented box to get 117 dBA at 20 Hz anechoic, which is a lot of bass, for maybe $400-500 total cost. Check out adireaudio.com partsexpress.com mcmelectronics.com or audioc.com for some DIY options.
Peter

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
Blend in a Rel for music , but get macke or crown amp and a box program to build your own ball crusher for ht

What about PSB's Stratus SubSonic 7? I might have a good lead on one but I have never heard a comparsion between it and the Paradigm.
Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks