Re-mastered Bad Religion?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Eric Alderson, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

Anyone pick these up yet? I'm just wondering if it's worth double dipping since I'm not sure how they sound.

2. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Unfortunately it seems there aren't too many BR fans on the forum. I'm one myself, but haven't heard any of the re-masters.

3. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I saw BR several years ago with Pearl Jam (when I was a PJ fan). I have a couple of their CDs and have heard a couple more. Im interested in picking the remasters up but havent yet.

4. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

I will pick these up eventually. The vinyl sounded so much better than their CD releases and I was hoping there would be remasters.

The first four albums were just about perfect. The shows stopped being fun when Recipe for Hate came out. I like the song "Stranger than Fiction" but that was were I left off.

The last show I saw them kinda turned me off a bit. They were either forced to do a publicity stunt or they just had a bad night. I guess BioHazzard does a cover of one of their songs and they came up on stage with them for it. Greg Graffin looked kinda disgusted and was a little condescending that night. They didn't allow any stage diving until this point. There were a bunch of corporate types there so I guess it was an Mtv thing. 1995 or 1996. I don't remember.

I saw them several times and I never got that vibe from them. They were always cool as hell. I wouldn't see them now. It would destroy the good memories I have of them. It's not age or anything, they just followed a different path then me. They can't be beat for song writing and Graffin has some of the best vocals in Punk.

Matt

5. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

If you want to get a feel of how the remastered version of those Bad Religion albums sound, then go to http://www.epitaph.com/goodies/ecard.php?id=285. They have samples from every single remastered album.

Matthew, if I were you, I'd check out their new album, "The Empire Strikes First" when it comes out on June 8th. This is a return to older Bad Religion, but with new elements mixed in. Download the MP3 of Sinister Rouge, the second song from the new album, because it is absolutely incredible! It's better than any song that they produced when they were signed with Atlantic.

6. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

That song is pretty awesome. June 8th can't come soon enough! And I can actually understand a couple of words besides the chorus in the remastered "Fuck Armageddon...This Is Hell!!"

7. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

Tony-B

Thanks! I'll check it out.

"Fuck Armageddon...This Is Hell!!" is a great song. I used to always play that on my way to work.

Matt