What's new

Re-doing the theater ceiling lights (1 Viewer)

Matt*B

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

I am renovating my current “theater.” Right now. The room is lit by 3 fluorescent bulb units (you know, the 4 foot kind) behind a wooden frame covered with plastic lens. These are evenly spaced over the entire ceiling. The frames are about 12” x 50” What I plan on doing soon, is taking the frame/lens off, and removing the fluorescent fixture. Now, instead of the wooden frame, I am going to have a solid piece of finished wood in it’s place. In that wood frame will be two evenly spaced and centered recessed can fixtures with baffling to finish it off. This way I can have the “theater-like” recessed lighting with a nice finished look, and the option to put a dimmer on them… I am sure it will look great… I hope this explained it enough. Has anyone done anything similar to this? Any suggestions, hints?

Thanks,

Matt

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I agree...I'm doing 4 Halo lights with movable eyes in mine. one in each corner (not really in corner...but you get it) and that way I can angle the lights as need be for effect. I'm also looking at the Lutron controls! great stuff..IMO...

have fun...sounds like you will be much happier with the new lighting situation...and will look 100% better!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks