What's new

RE: Building a Denali or buying a sub (1 Viewer)

LuisC

Grip
hi,

I have been a long time lurker and have built 3 subs already over the past year from the knowledge i gained here. My first alignment i built was a shiva ported and sold it to replace with a Stryke AV15 in a box with dimensions of 22"Wx20"Dx31"H with 2 4" flared ports at 13 inches in length each. A Rhythmic 350W plate amp to power it. My friend came over and was making fun of my home sub and said his Klipsch RW15 would KILL my cheap sub. I like the way it sounds and have brought his klipsch over to demo but can'r remember the output difference. Since i have bought some expensive tools which are collecting dust i figured i would take them out of the colset and make a new sub. Now would i be better off making a Denali clone or buy an SVS PB2+. I think i will be spending more making the denali but would it be worth it, or should i stay with the AV15 and fix the tunning.

Thanks,
Luis

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
check out the thread listed below... add http colon // www dot to the front to get it to work.

It involves listening tests by the owner of a pair of HSU subs, an SVS, and a newly arrived Denali.

David

hometheaterspot.com/htsthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB53&Number=558589&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

LuisC

Grip
Dave,

Thanks so much for the link, i just checked it out and can't wait to hear the review on the denali:)

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW, I've heard Craig Woodhall's tumult/dual 18" PR'd sub, which is really a Denali minus the plate amp I guess.

Best sub i've ever heard... tight, unobtrusive when needed, yet so obivously effortless in producing very low potent bass...

I don't think you would be disappointed in trying to replicate something like that.

david

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks