RE: Building a Denali or buying a sub

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by LuisC, Feb 25, 2004.

1. LuisC

LuisC Extra

hi,

I have been a long time lurker and have built 3 subs already over the past year from the knowledge i gained here. My first alignment i built was a shiva ported and sold it to replace with a Stryke AV15 in a box with dimensions of 22"Wx20"Dx31"H with 2 4" flared ports at 13 inches in length each. A Rhythmic 350W plate amp to power it. My friend came over and was making fun of my home sub and said his Klipsch RW15 would KILL my cheap sub. I like the way it sounds and have brought his klipsch over to demo but can'r remember the output difference. Since i have bought some expensive tools which are collecting dust i figured i would take them out of the colset and make a new sub. Now would i be better off making a Denali clone or buy an SVS PB2+. I think i will be spending more making the denali but would it be worth it, or should i stay with the AV15 and fix the tunning.

Thanks,
    Luis

2. LuisC

LuisC Extra

Bump for an Answer[​IMG]

3. David_P

David_P Stunt Coordinator

check out the thread listed below... add http colon // www dot to the front to get it to work.

It involves listening tests by the owner of a pair of HSU subs, an SVS, and a newly arrived Denali.

David

hometheaterspot.com/htsthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB53&Number=558589&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

4. LuisC

LuisC Extra

Dave,

Thanks so much for the link, i just checked it out and can't wait to hear the review on the denali[​IMG]

5. David_P

David_P Stunt Coordinator

FWIW, I've heard Craig Woodhall's tumult/dual 18" PR'd sub, which is really a Denali minus the plate amp I guess.

Best sub i've ever heard... tight, unobtrusive when needed, yet so obivously effortless in producing very low potent bass...

I don't think you would be disappointed in trying to replicate something like that.

david