What's new

RE Audio Subwoofer for Sacry DIY Project (1 Viewer)

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
Hi Robert.....I did away with the idea of RE audio subs. Been going through different DIY projects and it seems Dayton Audio wins hands down in price/performance area. Have you had any experience with any of the following drivers? - Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 18" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 ohm - Dayton Audio RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm I can get these drivers here, that's no problem. Use will be 80/20 for movies/music. Objective is scary loud and flat output till at least 20Hz. A lot of people talk big about sealed design, but I prefer the ported more coz of immense output below 30Hz. Room size is 23'x16'x12'. How much woofage do you think I would require i.e. one 18"/15", two 18"/15"?? Btw, I completed my other project (Alpine DIY) you helped me with. It only awaits the final paint job. I will post the build pix and FR in that post.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven't had direct experience with those Dayton drivers. The only ones I have used were the DVC models that were made by Eminence. Based on my past experience with Dayton, I wouldn't hesitate to go with either model. And in my opinion, bigger is always better. Have you looked at the home theater line from Stereo Integrity?

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
I have and their subs are fantastic on paper, but unfortunately I cannot have them shipped here. In fact, we have an online retailer here in Pakistan who does direct business with Amazon. Anything that's there on amazon can be procured on the doorstep by this retailer within 2 weeks. So, Dayton Audio won't be any problem. I chose these two drivers coz of the rave reviews by so many users who are actually using them in HT application. So which model should I go for and how many??

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Take a look at the Dayton Ultimax 15" if you decide to go with the smaller driver. If not, you can't beat an 18" sub. Well, you can beat it with a 21" sub.

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
I can get only the 12 and 10 inchers in Ultimax series. 15 inch is not available on amazon. So, what do you reckon now ..... 2 Dayton Ultimax 12" OR 2 Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 18"??? OR even on individual head to head comparison, which will offer deeper and louder output?? thanks

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
what kind of net volume are we looking at for 18" driver per ported box? Also how about one box to house both subs, connecting them in parallel for 2 ohm final load.....what box size are we looking at???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks