What's new

Re. ATTACK OF THE CLONES Trailer Playing with LOTR (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm not sure you really answered my question. As for nonfans, it's quite obvious they couldn't give a damn about Star Wars, so it goes without saying they're not gonna care about anything Star Wars, much less a trailer. So I already know what their feelings are. Again, please tell me what made your eyes roll. People keep saying they didn't like it, but never give any specific reasons other than Hayden's acting. What was it specifically that bothered you? I'm curious.

How you got a Dawson's Creek feeling out those trailers, I'm not sure. I guess you can interpret anything anyway. Maybe because of the love story aspect and young, good looking people. That's better than ugly people. However, if someone is that caught up in the title, then they're gonna be devastated by the least little thing. Who cares about the title. Like "A New Hope" is so great. My theater was full and it roared when the trailer came up. About 30 people stood up. So each theater is gonna be different.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Back to Hartnett over Hayden, I don't think Hartnett could come close to pulling off these anger scenes. Just doesn't have the look. Here's why Anakin is a good choice for this role. He portrays the anger and intensity perfectly.
78.jpg

As for the age differences, they weren't that far apart Ryan.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Jake Lloyd is 8 years younger than Portman. It totally seems like that in the PM (there's no attempt to make anyone look older or younger than they actually are) and suddenly they are the same age. I'm confused! :)

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
In TPM, Queen Amidala is 14 and Anakin is 9.

In AOTC, Senator Amidala is 24 and Anakin is 19.

Michael Dehaven

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't see the trailer but I did see the poster, hanging in the dark, outside the doors of LOTR. I had a good chuckle, Hayden and Portman standing back to back, like Flamenco dancers. Portman's hair is exactly like a Flamenco temptress. Their expressions are so serious that I nearly.... Oh my, and in outer space! You will need maracas and light sabers.....

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Terry, thanks, they are stretching it by 3 years (so in reality Anakin would be 16 and Amidala 24 or else Amidala 27 and Anakin 19). Amidala 14 in PM is a stretch, but I can buy it.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Terrell, relax, I was joking :D He looks kinda cool there, a bit more pissed off than badass, but not bad at all. Is he a big guy at all?

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Hayden and Natalie are actually the same age in "real life". Both are 20. What's funny is that most of the actors who were up for the role of Anakin were older than Natalie. Most of the actors were in the area of 25, while Natalie was 19 when shooting they read with her back in 2000.

What's funny is that a few friends of mine think it's "creepy" that Padme (who is 5 years older than Anakin) would romance someone so much younger than her. No one batted an eye when Han Solo went after Princess Leia, he was only 15 years older than her at the time.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Terrell,

What I like most about the Anakin picture is that he is about to get his @$$ waxed by Count Dooku.

By the by, speaking of that, this movie will very likely live or die on the scene...where Yoda shows up and fights Dooku.

If that works, the movie will work. If that doesn't...

Take care,

Chuck

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
What's funny is that a few friends of mine think it's "creepy" that Padme (who is 5 years older than Anakin) would romance someone so much younger than her. No one batted an eye when Han Solo went after Princess Leia, he was only 15 years older than her at the time.
I think maybe it has something to do with the fact that the kid was like 7 or 8 yrs old ;)

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
The age thing is so much an issue. It's believable to me. I have cousins that I hadn't been in touch with look physically like "little kids" only to have growth spurts, mature and become young men in the span of a year. Men mature (physically and emotionally) later than women anyways. By 18-20 (could be earlier) men and women even out physically (although for guys, emotionally...it's probably closer to 30 :D ). Why all the fuss! So Lucas chose to have an older women pursue a younger guy....what's wrong with that? Personally, I'm all for it! :emoji_thumbsup:

Anthony_D

Stunt Coordinator
Rico Suave! lol

hartnett is a terrible actor IMHO and i'm very happy he was not cast as anakin...leo is a great actor, but too big a name and would have been to distracting...hayden is going to be great judging from what i've seen of him on higher ground and life as a house

although I heard the directors complain about him nosing in
WHAT??? yeah right, how dare the main creative force (pun intended) give his input on HIS friggin movies!!!! LOL

lucas had to go back and re work alot of the scenes in empire because kirsher fucked it up...make no mistake about it, all four movies are mainly from gl himself

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
He's tall Ryan, but he's not big in body size. He stands a good 3-4 inches above Ewan McGregor. But he's not real bulky.

And Chuck, that's the one thing I keep worrying about. Hopefully they won't make it look silly. I'm hoping for a force push or Jedi mind tricks. I just don't see how a lightsaber battle can be done and not look silly.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The buzzword I have heard used to describe the scene(although I don't hunt the sites much) is Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. That being said, I am skeptical, but I WANT it to work. GL might know what he is doing on this. I hope so;)
Take care,
Chuck

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
WHAT??? yeah right, how dare the main creative force (pun intended) give his input on HIS friggin movies!!!! LOL
I think the point Kirshner and Marquand were making is the same Lawrence Kasdan had: if you want it a specific way why did you bother hiring us instead of doing it yourself? I'd have to agree with them. He should have done them all himself.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Cool! We get to see N'Stinks blown to bits! Yeah!

In all seriousness, my oldest daughter is a big N'Sync fan and I think it'll be cool watching them bite the dust at the hands of the droid army. I really don't see why people are making such a big deal out of it personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks