Re. ATTACK OF THE CLONES Trailer Playing with LOTR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GerardoHP, Dec 25, 2001.

1. GerardoHP

GerardoHP Supporting Actor

Gerardo Paron
    I don't think I have ever seen a more tepid, uninteresting, unpaced, off-putting and predictable trailer in my entire life. Ever.
    Of course, it's not surprising coming from George "World's Worst Director" Lucas. The trailer, in fact, plays like a mini-version of any of his movies and the audience I saw it with reacted accordingly: loud yawns, disapproving giggles and deep snores coming from several spots in the theater.
    What's startling and entirely infuriating is that a movie as mediocre as this one promises to be will still go on to make zillions of dollars and continue to pedestalize Mr. Lucas' reputation.
    In my mind, the fact that such bad stuff succeeds to the degree that it does is no less troubling than all the pan-and-scanning in the universe.

2. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Gee, tell us what you really think [​IMG]
    --
    Holadem - I haven't seen it btw

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. Screw what everyone else thinks.

4. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

I wonder how well received TPM and Episode 2 would be if the previous Star Wars had never been released? IMO, TPM wouldn't have been a hit AT ALL. I think TPM is terrible on its own merits...but it is "Star Wars" and that says something for some reason. I just like it for showing off my HT, plus the movie has a cool factor. Terrible otherwise (acting, plot, you name it). But nothing can beat the Jedi fights and Pod Race on a home theater.

So because of this, I hold very little hope for Episode 2. If the trailers mean anything, the movie looks to be pretty mediocre and in the same league as Episode 1. If this happens...will Star Wars fans still be foaming at the mouth for Episode 3? I wonder...

I want Ep2 to be good but I'm not holding my breath, nor anticipating it like I did for Ep1.

5. Rollie

Rollie Stunt Coordinator

Maybe people didn't react to it because it's already been seen in front of Harry Potter, as well as downloaded countless times online previous to LOTR. The Ep 2 trailer is old hat to a lot of people now.

6. Terrell

Terrell Producer

What a waste of two minutes of my time.[​IMG]

7. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

8. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

I think the trailer looks great, the audience I saw it with last Wednesday afternoon(LOTR opening day) loved it and cheered when they saw the Lucasfilm logo and at the end,and I bet it's going to be a fantastic space opera. As for GL being the worst director? Please! Just based on the original STAR WARS Lucas is one of the most distinguished directors of his generation and has the respect and admiration of his peers(Scorcese,Coppola,Spielberg,etc.).He revolutionized the film industry and frankly I doubt we'd even have a LOTR film on the scale we do if Lucas hadn't started it all and made history with his ground breaking STAR WARS Saga. Just my two cents.

9. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    I'm not even sure I should bother posting in reponse other than this:
    [​IMG]
    I must ask, though, why didn't you post your comments here?

10. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Well, I changed my post. But this looks like nothing more than trolling. And we didn't need another seperate thread for this.

kami, you've seen two minutes of footage that's been completely ripped out of context, and thrown together. My suggestion is judge the movie, not the trailer. But, if you thinks it's gonna be bad, there's one solution. Stay home and forget about it. By the way, I didn't say you were a Star Wars basher. But I fail to see the point of this thread, and his intentions are obvious. And as Tom said, we don't need another Star Wars thread, especially one of this nature. He could have easily put this response in the thread Tom listed. But he wanted everyone to know how much he thought George sucks and how bad this trailer is. He wanted to hammer Star Wars.

11. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

12. Terrell

Terrell Producer

I'm not hostile at all. But again, you've seen 2 minutes where lines of dialogue have been ripped out of context. I'm just replying to your statement. Why do you get the feeling I'm hostile?

13. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I went to see LOTR and saw the Episode 2 trailer for the first time. Looked pretty good to me. Two words: Jango Fett!

14. Terrell

Terrell Producer

If you thought I was hostile towards you kami, my apologies. Didn't know I was. Just responding. Although I still stand by my statements concerning this thread.

One question though kami. Why in the world would you buy TPM on DVD if you hated it? Obviously by your comments you thought it was terrible. So why waste the dough one something you don't like? Was it for the lightsaber duels and the podrace? Just curious.

15. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Two words: Twenty Lightsabers
    Four more: Christopher Lee with lightsaber
    worth EVERY penny of the admission price [​IMG]

16. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I saw LOTR tonight and saw virtually every trailer EXCEPT Episode II.

17. John Blaze

John Blaze Auditioning

Seen LOTR twice and did not see the AOTC Trailer. I just downloaded the AOTC trailer and though it kind of underwhelming. Spiderman trailer kicks way more boo-tay! Spiderman trailer got cheers when they played it in the theater.

18. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Members,
    If you don't like this thread then don't read or repy to it! Otherwise, play nice or move on to another subject matter.
    Crawdaddy

19. Joe_C

Joe_C Supporting Actor

20. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I agree...but I am more nervous that I used to be. At least Episode 1 tough me some humility, and that Star Wars isn't infalable...I liked it, but haven't watched the full thing since the theatrical run, it just doesn't have the re-watch-ability to me. I'll still be there opening night though...what can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment, hehe.