What's new

Re-Animator , which version to get? (1 Viewer)

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
I am not sure how many versions there are of this DVD much less what the quality is of each one of them.

Which version is the one to get?

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
Plus an anamorphic picture. I don't have it as I already have the original Elite DVD of it, but I do hear it's the inferior version (non anamorphic no DTS, some new extras)

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
The Mill Ed also has the funniest & best cast & crew commentary track I've ever heard! You really get a sense of the fun they had making the movie, even some of the racier scenes...

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Dittos to all the compliments that have been payed to the Elite Millennium Edition of Re-Animator. And if it means anything to you the movie has a full bit-rate DTS track (1509 kbps) which is a rarity - it won't exactly knock your socks off due to the age and original mix of the film, but it says something about the care that went into the presentation. In fact the producer Brian Yuzna writes on the back cover what is essentially a love letter to the fans about the film's technical quality and other goodies on the disc.

Needless to say the Elite Millennium Edition of Re-animator was a labor of love, and thus currently stands as the definitive presentation of the film on dvd.

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator
Now all we need is a half decent version of "Bride Of The Re-Animator"...I refuse to buy the current version of the film...I'll wait...btw,the Millennium Edition is a great piece to have in any collection.

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
I loved the original, but wasn't it directed by Stewart Gordon? Where as I think "Bride" was directed by Yuzna - one of the worst directors working today. Gordon is a class act while Yuzna is cheese-ball city.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Originally posted by Larry Talbot
I loved the original, but wasn't it directed by Stewart Gordon? Where as I think "Bride" was directed by Yuzna - one of the worst directors working today. Gordon is a class act while Yuzna is cheese-ball city.
Yes, the original was directed by Stuart Gordon and produced by Brian Yuzna.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks