Rcvr (HK 7200) won't turn on???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Allan, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,
    I have had the Harman Kardon 7200 for about 1.5 years now and been very happy. Yesterday, however, the recevier stopped working. specifically, it will not turn on. I unplugged it, waited a bit, and plugged it in again and still nothing. I tried several outlets (which I know work) and still nothing. Any suggestion????

thanks,
    Allan

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Could be the fuse. Check the back to see if you have one of those screw terminals for your fuse.

3. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

I was thinking it could be a fuse problem. Could you explain how to check it and how to fix it?

thanks!

4. Paul Mor

Paul Mor Stunt Coordinator

This will come as bad news, but I had the same thing happen to mine and it couldn't be repaired. I bought the extended warranty that most people think you shouldn't buy and I now have a new AVR 7300 after some debate. I had a loaner from Fry's for 3 months before they finally decided the receiver couldn't be repaired (but that's another story). You might try to contact H/K customer service. I believe their receivers have a 2 year warranty and I hear H/K customer service is pretty good.

Good Luck

5. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

Paul,

My rcvr is still under the 2 year warranty, and I actually bought an extended warranty as well. (so, I am not worried about coverage.) Being that I am in the 2 year warranty period, would you recommend that I contact HK directly or the store that I bought it at?

thanks

6. Paul Mor

Paul Mor Stunt Coordinator

I took mine back to the store I bought it at, mainly for convenience. Not sure if that is the best thing to do, but I was able to get a loaner while they tried to repair mine and I didn't have to worry about shipping the unit, etc. That being said, I did waited over three months before they finally gave me a new one...H/K might be a little faster than that. I hope you get it repaired or replaced soon. Keep us posted on your repair experience.

7. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

Thanks. Update - Called the store I bought it at (Onecall) and they said to just bring it in to an authorized HK repair center. So, I am planning on doing just that....

8. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

Finally had time to bring the 7200 into the store this past Friday (Sept. 23). They said they will call me with an update in 5-7 business days....

9. John S

John S Producer

This is a piece I am considering buying. Keep us posted please.