RCA's rcu810 macro set up problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brent Tichenor, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Brent Tichenor

Brent Tichenor Auditioning

I am having some problem getting the macro function to work.the manual doesn't explain a whole lot on it. I don't know if iam doing it right. the 1-800 number doesn't help either.I want to use the macro to turn on and off my tv, dvd, and reciever. When i set it up, it only shut off the last thing enter. what can i do? i was wondering if i have to reset my set up codes for this units?.it doesn't seem that hard,but i can get it done.do i push the on/off button first than the sequence of commands?or is it automantic? I really like this remote. got it for x-mas and love all the features.
    [​IMG]

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I helped a friend setup macros on his "LCD" RCA & on his the way you entered commands for macros was the same way you would use the remote.
    EXAMPLE: You want to turn the TV, DVD & Receiver "OFF"
    1. Press "TV" Button
    2. Press Power "OFF" Button
    3. Press "DVD" Button
    4. Press Power "OFF" Button
    5. Press "Receiver" Button
    6. Press Power "OFF" Button
    Try the above sequence & see if it works.
    If I got it right, you were only pressing the Power "OFF" button once instead of pressing it for each different item.
    I've found that setting up most macros on remotes is to just pretend that you are not in a "macro mode" & then just go about pressing the buttons as you normally would to control things & while you are doing this the macro mode is memorizing the buttons you have pushed. But remember each remote's macros will have a different number of button pushes that the remote can remember. Hope this helps you out & I din't confuse you even more [​IMG]

3. Brent Tichenor

Brent Tichenor Auditioning

i am trying to use the macros to power on/off my entire system with one button. the macro set up is not working that way.

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Did you try the above setup that I gave you? What does the instruction manual say about how to get into the macro mode to start programming buttons?
    As I said above once your in the marco mode all you have to do is to enter things just like you were truning "off" each item seperately.
    If your not sure of how to get into the macro mode try www.remotecentral.com there are a lot of people over there that have the 810 that will be able to help you out.

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I just took a quick look at the manual from RCA's website.

First before you start to try & program a macro sequence I would "DELETE" everything you might have entered before under a macro key. Go to page 18 of the owner's manual & it will tell you how to do it "Deleting A Macro Key Sequence"

Then make sure the remote is turning OFF the TV & DVD & RECEIVER (Remote has the right codes for each item) before you try entering macro sequences.

On Page 17 is "Setting-Up A Macro Key Sequence"

1. Press & hold the "CODE SEARCH" Button until display reads "CODE SET"

2. Use the UP or DOWN "ARROW" buttons to scroll through the remotes menu until display reads "KEY MACRO" Then press the "SELECT" button. Display reads "SEL MACKEY"

3. PRESS "M1" Button or "M2" Button or "M3" button for the one that you want to store things under. The display reads "ENTER SEQ"

4. Press the "TV" Button
    Press the "POWER" Button
    Press the "DVD" Button
    Press the "POWER" Button
    Press the "AUDIO" Button (One that selects the receiver)
    Press the "POWER" Button

5. Press & Hold Down the "SELECT" Button until display reads "SUCCESS" it will then change to "EXIT SETUP" & then go into it's regular operating mode.

6. The Remote should now be set to turn "OFF" the TV & DVD & RECEIVER with just a push of the macro button.

I know some remote's before you can even start to program a macro sequence you have to use the "DELETE A MACRO" Maybe it cleans the Macro Buttons out incase there was something already programed into them at the factory?