What's new

RCA Video Question (1 Viewer)

rishid

Auditioning
I have a computer with tv out in one room and then about 30-35 feet away I have a home theater system which can distrubute video to all the tvs in my house. Any cheap way to get a cable that I can use to transfer sound/video with descent quality 35 feet away?

Computer has RCA Outputs, so output should be RCA..
Thanks

Mark R O

Stunt Coordinator
You should have success with a well made 75 ohm/90 ohm a/v cable. Make sure not to run parallel to AC wiring, and avoid areas where wear, pinching or breaks can sneak in, i.e., under carpet in traffic flow, under furniture (casters and feet), door sills, etc.
If you are not satisfied with the pic quality, (sound will be fine), any number of inexpensive signal boosters are available. The best insurance would be to buck up for a quality interconnect from the start. Much cheaper than chasing gremlins after the install. If any noise problems arise and you have cable tv, it will be suspect #1. (ground issues...)
Good luck!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
aGo to Home Depot or similar place and get some RG-6 coax and F-RCA adaptors. I have done 33ft component runs, as well as composite and subwoofer cable runs using this approach and it is cheap and works very well.

rishid

Auditioning
So run a RG-6 for Left audio / Right Audio / Video?
Or am I missing something to merge all three into one cable?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
If your computer outputs 3 outputs: (Video, LAudio, RAudio), then you need 3 cables.

Your CATV service takes all the channels and converts them to RF. Your TV & VCR have a device called a "tuner" that breaks the signals back out into Video, LAudio, RAudio. This is why they get away with 1 cable. I'm almost sure your computer card acts like the tuner and only outputs video and audio signals.

There ARE some wireless devices sold through department stores and Radio Shack that take the 3 signals into a small transmitter, and sends the signals to a matching receiver. This device sells for about $100, but I have seen it for about $70 on occasion.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks