rca to usb?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Anthony Moore, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

I use my computer to watch dvd's and such sometimes. I was wondering if there was a way to put the image that would normally show up on the monitor onto my tv. Maybe some kind of USB to RCA out? Or s-video out?

anything like this exist?

thanks

2. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

There are several video cards that offer S-Video out, but you would have to change your screen size to get it set up properly on your tv (native resolutions are different).

This will look okay, but not amazing as you may expect ...

I doubt you are referring to this set-up, but if your video card had DVI-out then you could hook up an hdtv with dvi-inputs. Just thought I'd mention all possibilites.

Finally, I know of no usb to rca connectors, I doubt they exist.

Mike

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, there are video cards you can get for cheap that will have a basic Svideo out on them... They'll look decent with watching videos, but if you're planning on reading anything or surfing the net, its not gonna work too well, the TV has too little resolution...

IIRC, there are USB devices that will OUTPUT a video signal, but they are expensive, as its not simply an adaptor (like say an Svideo to Composite adaptor), but an actual processor that hsa to convert digital computer signals to a video signal somehow...

4. Anthony Moore

well, can i have 2 video cards in my comp at one time? Use one while im outputting to the tv and easily switch back to my Geforce3 when just using the computer? Can i do it without opening up my computer each time?

thanks

5. Anthony Moore

6. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

What OS are you running? If you are running win xp I know you can install two cards, and extend you desktop onto the second one. So...theoretically you can use your monitor and your tv at the same time, just move the dvd player window onto the desktop that is on the tv, and you'd be all set.

If that sounds complicated, the short answer is yes, you can install two cards without opening your computer each time.

Mike