What's new

RCA to S-Video??? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Auditioning
I need to know if there are any cables that have a male RCA on one end and a male S-Video on the other? I would like this in order to connect my VCR and cable box through my receiver (Denon 3801) so it will do all the audio/video switching with as little additional cable as possible. My problem is that my Sony TV has no way to address each input individually - you must scroll through each input until you get to the one you want. If there is a solution for this, the result would be equally appreciated. Thanks.

Vin

Supporting Actor
Here you go....I use one of these adapters to convert the composite video from my VCR to S-video before connecting it to my receiver....it works great.
If you want to save a some money you can buy them for much less
here .
Hope this helps.
------------------

Todd B

Stunt Coordinator
You will notice on the previous post that the Adapter goes from a Female S-Video to a Female RCA. I purchased a Male to Male RCA adapter from Radio Shack (about $3.50?) to finish the connection on my system. My connection looks like this...
  • Male/Male RCA adapter connected to VHS deck
  • RCA to S-Video adapter connected to Male/Male RCA adapter
  • S-Video cable connected between the RCA/S-Video adapter and Receiver
Fry's had the S-Video to RCA adapter for about $3.50 compared to Radio Shack's $19. It even looks like the same adapter close up.
------------------

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I'm using one of these right now on my VCR and it works very well...allows me to let my receiver do all the video switching
------------------
http://www.attcanada.ca/~itisi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks