What's new

RCA Soundbar does not work with HD Channels (1 Viewer)

ashley562

Auditioning
Real Name
Ashley
Hey everyone,

I just got an RCA Soundbar(Model: RTS7010B) for Christmas and am having trouble with setup. It could be that the sound system isn't compatible with my tv, but I thought maybe you guys could help.

Here is my current setup:

SEIKI TV: SE322FS

LG Bluray Player: BP330

DirectTV Box: C51-500

Both my BluRay player and my DirectTV box are connected to my TV via HDMI cables. I currently have the soundbar connected via the red/white cables (RCA cables? Red/White on both ends). I have no problem getting sound when I play dvds/blurays or when I use my phone via bluetooth. The problem I am having is that I cannot get sound from any of the HD Channels(If I turn on a non-HD channel I have no problem).

I've read online that I should try the Optical line in cable, but it looks like my TV doesn't support that input and neither does my DirectTV box. So what I'm wondering is: Is this something obvious? Is there a different cable I can use or some kind of adapter or something?

I know my TV isn't a great brand, but buying a new one isn't an option right now so if I could buy some other piece of hardware to make my existing equipment work, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice! Let me know if I need to provide more information :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks