What's new

Rca scenium hd projection tv. the sharpest? i need help. (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
I am presently shopping for a 65" high definition tv and I ran into an RCA I ever heard of before- RCA SCENIUM (HD65W20).
The tv image was clearly the one with the most detail, other tvs in the showroom were Mitsubishi,Hitachi, toshiba and Panasonic. The color on the RCA was I believe its weakest point, Faces always had a hint of green more than the other brands, but the image detail was breathtaking, nothing came close. You could easily identify exceptional detail in the picture even in objects that were far away from the camera that were basically a blur on the other sets. I was offered what I believe to be a great price ($3.100) on the set. Does anybody have any experience with this set? I can't find any information about this tv on the RCA site. Is it a good set?. they tell me at the store it has five lenses. maybe some of you know a review of this set somewhere. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Luis.

The Scenium line is the replacement/renaming of the Proscan line, which never took off for RCA. Proscan is no more.
I don't think that it differs from what the next generation of Proscan would be. Look for reviews of older Proscan rptvs to get a snse of the Scenium's lineage.
Other than this information, I have yet to see this set.
Shelly

Jason_A

Stunt Coordinator
I personally just saw this TV today! I was surrounded by many Mitsubishi's and it totally blew them away. Also beat Sony just slightly though.

At the store I stood like 100 feet away from it and I could see every bit of brightness and detail. The other TVs where black at this point where I was standing.

If you have the cash get one.

But becareful I saw the exact same tv on sell because of open box and it was really bad. Possibly a messed up one. But the one on display was perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks