What's new

RCA RT2870 HTIB Audio Issues; Sound cuts in and out on TV (1 Viewer)

Punkrulz

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan Lewis
Hey guys,

This past weekend I had seen a deal I couldn't pass up; an RCA RT2870 HTIB w/ 1000w speakers. I have been wanting to replace my POS makeshift home stereo theater for awhile, and I thought this would be the chance. So far it sounds alright having my xbox 360 connected, and I haven't attempted it with the DVD player yet. Unfortunately, I've been noticing some issues while connected with the TV.

I've attempted to connect the receiver to the TV Audio Out, as well as the Cable audio out and the problem has occurred while on both. It's really noticeable in situations where there is little audio, such as conversations on TV. If there is a conversation with two people, and the background noise is too quite, then the receiver shuts all of the audio down. It then picks back up when they start talking again, sometimes resulting in a brief pause and cutting out the beginning of the speech.

I've looked over the system handbook and can't find anything relevant to what would fix it. You can find the product manual here:

http://www.1800customersupport.com/productdocuments/RT2870_RCA.pdf

If anyone can let me know if there is a way to fix this, such as a feature to enable / disable or any other means, please let me know.

Thanks!

Tron20

Auditioning
Real Name
Jess
Did you ever happen to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem and don't know how to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks