What's new

RCA RCU1010 remote does not work with Harman/Kardon AVR-225 reciever. (1 Viewer)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Not sure where to put this, but since it has to do with an reciever of mine I thought I would put this here. Moderator if this is the incorrect section I am sorry, and please redirect it to correct one.

Anyways to my question. I just purchased an RCA Model# RCU1010 universal touch screen remote. I cannot get it to work with my Harman/Kardon AVR-225 reciever. The two codes that are provided by RCA do not work to control the reciever, and there is an Infrared "learn" port and even that won't take. If someone knows what I can to get this thing to learn the Harman/Kardon reciever I would appreciate it.

This thing is really getting to me, I got this remote to eliminate the 5 remotes for the devices I have now, but yet I still seem to be using 2! Damn crap.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
I can't help with the RCU1010, but I'm curious as to why you didn't use the HK remote to control the other devices. I control my tv, cd player, vcr, dvd, cable box, and of course the avr 225 with it. The only thing I can't get it to do, which is a pain, is control the tv's video input, which is a pain.

Good luck, I tried the same RCA remote, 2 Sony touchscreens, a Radioshack, and a Sima touchscreen for my HK 525 and nothing worked. I consolidated a bunch of remotes down to two however, a Sima touchscreen and the original HK. I'd love to have a backlite touchscreen to run all my gear sense my room is usually dark, so please post if you are able to find one.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Did you guys try calling the manufacturers? You probably did this, but just thought I would ask, just in case you didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks