What's new

RCA RCU 810 Remote (1 Viewer)

Eddie Ras

Stunt Coordinator
hey again gordon...i do have the remote and like it, but

here's my question-- is your's programmed for your a/v reciever and do all your audio buttons work correctly? eg dts/dolby, surround, DSP's etc??

also, do you use macros? i just made one to turn on/off the tv and reciever, but sometimes it toggles the tv back on! (off then immediately back on!) very annoying!!

thanks

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
is your's programmed for your a/v reciever and do all your audio buttons work correctly
Yes....but....not everything mapped up perfectly. So I remapped several buttons...i.e. learned the video1 where it mapped up on the remote, VCR, CD etc... Most of the learning was for my receiver. If your factory remote doesn't access the recievers functions you're in trouble. You may want to try all the codes for your model to see if you have any better success. Sometimes more than one code will work.

Yup I use macros...the universal on/off. You may want to reprogram that macro or check if a reflection is bouncing the signal to reactivate the tv. Any mirrors around by chance? Not sure why the command would kick the tv off then on again unless you coded it that way.

Eddie Ras

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the info=- yeah, mine didn't map up correctly either.. does your AUD work at all? my receiver buttons only work when i press them under the AUX device key (which is where i put the a/v receiver- it wouldn't take under AUD).
i guess i'll just learn 'em!
the macro is puzzling and i've done it 3x and every once in a while it turns the tv back on after shutting everything. i don't have any mirrors but do have a fresh coat of paint on the walls! :D
so did you program your reciever under AUD or AUX?

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
Your macro problem is weird :confused:
As for the reciever I have it programmed under AUD. However, I also mapped the Receiver's volume control to the vol +/- ,when in DVD mode,overwriting the default mapping to the T.V.'s volume control (That way I didn't have to switch devices as often just to control receiver volume because once a movie's underway, volume is about the only thing I need to touch outside of the DVD's functions).

Eddie Ras

Stunt Coordinator
hey wayne

i did the same thing with my volume controls..

were you able to reprogram the mute button ?

Eddie Ras

Stunt Coordinator
i just got a response from RCA - i had emailed them. they said to call 1-800-264-8854 - so i did. i had 3 questions and the 'advisor' said for the first two- 'must be a compatability issue" for the 3rd she told be pull the batteries out, and reset the remote- which clears everything! this was for my macro issue! some help! i'll just learn all the keys and the heck with the AUD button!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks