RCA RCU 810 Remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eddie Ras, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Eddie Ras

Eddie Ras Stunt Coordinator

2. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

Well since that's my quote I may be able to answer a question or two. Shoot.

3. Eddie Ras

hey again gordon...i do have the remote and like it, but

here's my question-- is your's programmed for your a/v reciever and do all your audio buttons work correctly? eg dts/dolby, surround, DSP's etc??

also, do you use macros? i just made one to turn on/off the tv and reciever, but sometimes it toggles the tv back on! (off then immediately back on!) very annoying!!

thanks

4. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

5. Eddie Ras

thanks for the info=- yeah, mine didn't map up correctly either.. does your AUD work at all? my receiver buttons only work when i press them under the AUX device key (which is where i put the a/v receiver- it wouldn't take under AUD).
    i guess i'll just learn 'em!
    the macro is puzzling and i've done it 3x and every once in a while it turns the tv back on after shutting everything. i don't have any mirrors but do have a fresh coat of paint on the walls! [​IMG]
    so did you program your reciever under AUD or AUX?

6. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

Your macro problem is weird [​IMG]
    As for the reciever I have it programmed under AUD. However, I also mapped the Receiver's volume control to the vol +/- ,when in DVD mode,overwriting the default mapping to the T.V.'s volume control (That way I didn't have to switch devices as often just to control receiver volume because once a movie's underway, volume is about the only thing I need to touch outside of the DVD's functions).

7. Eddie Ras

hey wayne

i did the same thing with my volume controls..

were you able to reprogram the mute button ?

8. Eddie Ras

i just got a response from RCA - i had emailed them. they said to call 1-800-264-8854 - so i did. i had 3 questions and the 'advisor' said for the first two- 'must be a compatability issue" for the 3rd she told be pull the batteries out, and reset the remote- which clears everything! this was for my macro issue! some help! i'll just learn all the keys and the heck with the AUD button!!