RCA MM52110...a good TV or no?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan_J, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Dan_J

Dan_J Auditioning

Well I guess since I already ordered it the point is moot but still I would like to get feedback from more experienced users as to the quality of the RCA MM52110. I am admittedly ignorant and new to this forum, and this being my first step into the world of Home Theatre set ups I would like to know how I did in selecting a set. I was on a budget of $1500-2000 here, and the price of just over $1500 that I found it for seemed reasonable in comparison shopping. I also liked the HDTV ready feature, even though from researching I discovered that the 'HDTV ready' sets claims implying true HDTV were a bit misleading. Still, even if it isn't capable of displaying the full resolution the HDTV signal playing on the MM52110 looked great when running side by side with a non HDTV model. Anyway, I am getting off topic here. Did I pick a decent quality set or was it a poor choice? Thanks for any opinions offered, positive or otherwise.
    -Dan Jones
    [email protected]

2. Maximil

Maximil Agent

I was seriously considering this set my self earlier this year before I bought my $2400 55" Toshiba. My main reason for liking that set so much was for the VGA inputs (rare on TVs) for conecting my PC to it.
    The reasons I did not go for that set was 1, it does not progressive scan (ie. looks like an analog picture) and 2, the screen was a few inches smaller. But, you can always spend another $500 down the line and purchase an external line doubler since the screen can apparently handle it since it is HD compatible.
    I think for the money, it is a good deal.
    Enjoy your new TV!