What's new

RCA jack on SVS busted? (1 Viewer)

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
I've emailed SVS today and am waiting for a response, so I figured I'd post here as well.
Well, you know the slight "hum" you get when you're connecting the sub to your reciever when the power is on? And how it goes away once you push the cable into the RCA jack firmly so that it makes complete contact?
Well, just recently the bass started cutting out and it would just hum, exactly like the sound you hear when you do the above. I went back to make sure the cable was still inside the jack all the way and it was. I can wiggle the cable and the hum will cut in and out. I've tried other cables as well and they all do the same, so this leads me to believe the inards of the RCA jack or the wiring behind it has come loose.
Is this something I can fix or am I gonna have to send it back to SVS just to fix a stupid RCA jack on the amp? I'd hate to pay so much for shipping for such a small thing :frowning: I guess I should be happy I have the original boxes.........

BryanZ

Screenwriter
May want to try a different cable for now to see if the problem goes away. If the problem is indeed with the amp, they should send you a new amp and you send the old one back to them. BTW, is it the PCi or CS series?

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
I got a reply from Tom. It looks like the amp becuase I've tried several different cables and I've tried using both inputs. Tom said it's pretty easy to take the Amp out so I think I might do that and look behind there, maybe I can replace the RCA jack myself and not have to worry about shipping it back to them.

Though, they did give me the option to send it back as you said, so it shouldn't be a problem getting it fixed.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Tom/Ron rock...you'll be hardpressed to find anyone better for support...key word"better" some as good, but not better:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks