What's new

RCA HDTVs. Any good? (1 Viewer)

Keith?P

Auditioning
I was thinking about getting the RCA D52W20 for $2900 canadian? Is this a good deal? It seems like a good price for a 52 inch widescreen but i don't know what kind of reputation RCA TVs have.

Kami

Screenwriter
I'm also a Canadian in the market for a new TV but one thing I can tell you is that you can get the Toshiba 50H82 and 57H82 sets for less than that at Future Shop. :) I've found that these sets are very well regarded after doing a ton of research on the subject.

Sorry, can't answer your question about the RCA though.

JackS

Supporting Actor
They certainly do look very good and the salesmen at the Good Guys seemed very positive but in the end I bought a Sony mainly because of the newness of this line. Perhaps a year from now when a lot more is known about them, they will appeal to many more people (or very few people) depending on the reputation they buid between now and then.

set parts regardless of brand, come from all over the planet with varying degrees of component quality, so personally I don't think brand has anything to do with it, I have 5 different sets operating in my home and two are RCA's, one with 10 years of use and not a whimper, it was a high end RCA, so you can't compare to a low end, all brands have the human element in assembly and quality control, so lemons can happen with any of them, just like cars or anything else manmade.
If you spend the time on-line in the home theater forums awhile, you'll find there's problems and accolades for all brands.
Finding what suits your tastes and needs is what's important, as they say, one mans junk is another mans treasure?:)
Buy the best value you can after researching all of them, MHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks