What's new

RCA F38310 problem (1 Viewer)

Pam_S

Auditioning
Hi,
I know not many people have this tv, but I'll ask the question since Thompson/RCA has been NO help.

While watching my RCA F38310 38" HDTV the screen went black. No display of any kind (no menu, can't view vcr or dvd).
All I can see are 3 short vertical lines in the middle of the tv that are green, red & blue. It powers up, the fan that runs constantly is still running, but no pic or sound.

I spoke with 1 tv tech who said most parts for this tv are not available.
I wonder if I should waste time & money trying to fix it. $80 just to come to my house & look at it. Too heavy to take to store.

Thanks in advance for all advice!

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Do you know the rep on these sets?

Weak power supply, I guess. Matter of time.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Not to hijack the thread, but anyone know if any similar sets to this will ever be made again? I was almost ready to get one of these but decided not to since I heard they were so undependable. There was one from Loewe but it was a few thousand dollars. I'd still rather have a regular picture tube at this point than a plasma, DLP or other newfangled technology.

Pam_S

Auditioning
Repair tech said the picture tube needs to be replaced.
Not worth it for the $, so I guess it's off to the dump.
Not happy! Only lasted 4 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks