RCA F36668 Direct TV - RCA any good?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martice, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

I don't know where I got this feeling that RCA TV's aren't the best out there in terms of dependability or even performance but saw an interesting one for sale at a excellent price. Does anyone out there have any experience with RCA and are they catching a bum rap or is the negative reputation justifiable?
    Thanks
    ------------------
    What if it gets no better than this!?!

2. KennyWayne

KennyWayne Extra

I to have heard about RCA's performance with their television sets. However I have not had any problems with my set. I keep a 36 inch Home Theater set with twin tuner PIP in my bedroom. It has two super video connections, and outputs for a reciever. I have had my unit for a year and the picture quality is very high in my book. Although they are a few hundred dollars cheaper now. I paid 1000.00 for my set. I am very pleased with my RCA set so by all means try it out. Most have argued about the sound quality of this unit. However it has four sound fields built in, along with three different outputs to your reciever with a choice of letting the reciever handle sound fields. So you have plenty of options to choose from. I say buy it. I am getting one with widescreen for my living room in a few months when the prices come down.