What's new

RCA DTC-100 SAT/OTA HDTV Receiver w/AA Transcoder (1 Viewer)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I have upgraded my cable to high definition and I’m ready to part with my venerable DTC-100. Also included (package deal) is an Audio Authority VGA-to-component transcoder. Also in the box will be a 36” set of RS gold component video cables and a VGA-to-5 BNC cable (with 5 BNC-to-RCA adapters) as a “throw in”. The latter may come in handy if you ever use a display with RGBHV inputs. The original box, manual and remote for the DTC-100 will be included. The box is intact, but it has had quite a few shipping labels affixed directly to it. I don’t have the packaging and literature for the transcoder, which will come with its AC adapter. The transcoder itself is pretty much self-explanatory.

All items are in very good condition and have always been handled with great care. There is a DirecTV subscription card in the DTC-100 which I don’t believe has ever been used, but I cannot attest to its virginity, as I am the 2nd owner. The first owner was an AVS forum member who had it for several months. He must have been very responsible and careful with the unit, judging by the pristine condition in which I received it.

Here are some cautions: The DTC-100 is approximately 3 years old. There is no warranty on the unit from myself or any other party. I believe that it is functioning normally, given that it has the oldest of firmware (because it has never, to my knowledge, been connected to a dish) If you have a dish or temporary access to one through a friend or business, it should be a simple matter to get the automatic firmware updates via satellite. The update may (no promises) help with the only actual problem I’ve ever had with the unit-I have lost sound from the local PBS affiliate (WTVS) on a number of occasions. The remedy I used was to unplug the DTC-100 for about a minute, then plug it back in, returning operation to normal. I occasionally have had to go back into the user’s menus and reset the clock and some preferences, especially if it’s been unplugged or powered off for a long time. There is no optical cable provided for digital audio output.

$325 includes ground shipping (lower 48 only) of all items in the original DCT-100 box (which worked out fine when it was sent to me) and insurance against complete loss (as in disappearance) of the package. For full insurance and the requisite double boxing, add $50. Double boxing, if desired, will be done by my local MBE. If my total costs for shipping, full insurance, and double boxing are less than $75, I will rebate the difference or upgrade the shipping method, at my discretion, i.e. the total price with the aforementioned "deluxe" shipping would be $375 or less.

Paypal preferred. Will ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks