RCA DTC-100 Question?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dave_brogli, Jun 18, 2002.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

I went to Best Buy today and they have a DTC-100 floor model that has never been used for only 199.99!! I know it lists for like 599.99.... but is this receiver any good? Ive heard nothing to make me think either way, its always in the middle. I have a RCA 36" HDTV monitor and really want this, and for the money I dont think i could go wrong... but is this receiver gonna be obsolete (?) I had them hold it until thursday for me....
    Thank you for all your help!!

2. TimG

TimG Second Unit

I think this RCA is an oldie but a goodie. Many people still use it. The two problems most had with it is that it outputs via vga instead of component cables, causing a lot of people to buy a transcoder also, (added expense). Also If I remember correctly, some people complained about the slow menu. The newer models are also better about receiving low strength over-the-air signals. But for 200 bucks I don't think you can go wrong with this unit. you might wait for someone a little more knowledgeable to answer though. Hope this helps.

Tim

PS: Does your tv have a vga hook-up or is it component?

3. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Yeah actually my RCA asked for the DTC-100. It has the VGA hookup and component. I think I may get it though!! argghhhh decisions (pirates voice)

4. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Dave- If you don't (and you want to make a quick $50) buy it and i'll buy it from you for $250.

Email me if you're interested.

5. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Thanks for the offer! but I just got my new access card I had to buy for the receiver it didnt come with one (called directv last night at 4 and got it fedex at 930 this morning... now thats service!!!!) So yup I think i will be buying it!!! [​IMG] now i gotta buy that damn antenna!!! [​IMG](