What's new

RCA DTC-100 Question? (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I went to Best Buy today and they have a DTC-100 floor model that has never been used for only 199.99!! I know it lists for like 599.99.... but is this receiver any good? Ive heard nothing to make me think either way, its always in the middle. I have a RCA 36" HDTV monitor and really want this, and for the money I dont think i could go wrong... but is this receiver gonna be obsolete (?) I had them hold it until thursday for me....
Thank you for all your help!!

TimG

Second Unit
I think this RCA is an oldie but a goodie. Many people still use it. The two problems most had with it is that it outputs via vga instead of component cables, causing a lot of people to buy a transcoder also, (added expense). Also If I remember correctly, some people complained about the slow menu. The newer models are also better about receiving low strength over-the-air signals. But for 200 bucks I don't think you can go wrong with this unit. you might wait for someone a little more knowledgeable to answer though. Hope this helps.

Tim

PS: Does your tv have a vga hook-up or is it component?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Yeah actually my RCA asked for the DTC-100. It has the VGA hookup and component. I think I may get it though!! argghhhh decisions (pirates voice)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Thanks for the offer! but I just got my new access card I had to buy for the receiver it didnt come with one (called directv last night at 4 and got it fedex at 930 this morning... now thats service!!!!) So yup I think i will be buying it!!! :D now i gotta buy that damn antenna!!! :frowning:(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks