What's new

RCA DTC 100 Pass 480i through component? (1 Viewer)

Does the RCA DTC100 pass 480i through component outputs (I know you need the VGA/component adapter), or does it only pass 1080i?
I just bought a Sony HD100, and it will pass both 1080i and 480i through the component connection, so you don't have to change inputs. I'm thinking of taking it back, and getting the RCA, though, because the RCA's are so cheap right now, and with DVI/HDCP, I want to spend as little on an HDTV decoder that may be obsolete in a couple of years anyway--BUT, I still want HDTV now. Any thoughts or suggestions about what I'm considering? Would you keep the Sony? Take it back and get a good deal on the RCA?
Thanks a bunch.
mike
------------------
Consuming air and other valuable resources since 1953.

Jim Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator
On the RGBHV output the DTC100 only will put out 1080I, for HDTV material, or 540P for everything else. It does not have a component output (YPrPB).

Thanks, Jim. I knew it doesn't have component, and that you need an adaptor. I was just wondering if it passed 480i. Thanks for the info--I guess I'll stay with the HD100.
mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks